View & Edit Prices
Existing Pro Pricing
For existing pros, to see your current contract with them, tap on their name in the "My Pros" section. This allows you to see the price you set with that individual pro. If you see something that needs updating, talk to the pro and make sure that is updated.
Job Request Pricing
If you use TIDY to send a job request, depending on your settings, you may prepay for a job but send your request to multiple pros. You set your prices for job requests in the app, which will go to the pros following the rules you define. This can include budgets for standby pros, multiple pros, parking reimbursements, etc. You control your settings, and you can view the prices for all possible account options by tapping that section in your app or online or speaking with an account manager about your needs.
Ultimately, we know what is important to you with prices. You want a price that gets the job done right reliably, but otherwise as low as possible. You can set prices to whatever you like. You can price higher or lower, with different results. Pricing higher will typically get more pros excited about working with you. Remember, the best pros have multiple options for clients, so you need to compete to win!
Suggested Pricing & Selecting Your Price
By default, you start with the pricing that appears to be the right rate in the area for the best overall circumstance. Raising rates will tend to improve the following
- Acceptance rates - When pros have the choice of two jobs, all things being equal they tend to accept the job that pays more.
- Success rates - When you pay more, you budget more for high quality pros and pay for standbys. The industry average cancellation rate is 25% for cleaning and maintenance jobs, standbys significantly increase the on time arrival rate.
- Approval rates - While quality is not 100% related to pricing, in general, pros who make clients happier typically can charge more than those who do not.
- Predictability - Using the suggested pricing or above should lead to the most predictable experience. Not many clients use below the suggested pricing, so any estimates will be more erratic.
There are some ways to save money without any impact on quality:
- Book a pro for multiple clients. If you have a multi-family property, and can book a pro for 1 block to serve 2+ customers. Pros save time in travel, sharing the savings with clients. If this is possible for your circumstance, this is probably the best way to save. Our concierge team can help coordinate these.
- Pre-paying for jobs. Pros dramatically prefer clients that will confidently pay. This is also a great way to save.
- Maintaining a low dispute rate. Pros can't see your dispute rate, but they can block clients who have a high dispute rate.
TIDY Savings Typically Come from Internal Team Costs
TIDY focuses on helping you deliver a higher quality experience for less overall. TIDY typically saves customers when accounting for the following things:
- The operations team to book and manage things. Typically, we can reduce the operational requirements significantly.
- Specifying what to do
- Access Control
- Quality Assurance
- Inventory Management
- Issue Tracking
- Follow Ups
- The accounts payables team to manage payables.
- The support requirements, both internal and internal, to get things done. This includes handling no shows and job quality issues.
- The engineering and IT teams - Our tools can be integrated and used to dramatically save engineering and IT resources.
We recommend talking to our team about what costs you time, so we can be sure to maximize your benefits. Most customers see ROI of 10x when using TIDY.
Care about quality? We recommend setting rates above the suggested rates.
Setting your rates even 5-10% above the suggested rates can lead to increased quality. If you have the budget, we recommend it!
WARNING: SETTING BELOW SUGGESTED RATES IS EXPECTED TO DELIVER A POOR EXPERIENCE.
You are free to set your rates to anything you like, by definition we expect the experience to be sub-par. Remember, you compete against other clients in small regions, and pros can be highly price sensitive. Offering even 5-10% below the suggested pricing can make a big difference. We would only recommend this if you are budget constrained and willing to incur more issues. We strongly recommend adding multiple other pros into your account to get job requests filled in this case.
If you lower your rate, you should expect:
- Any previous pros you have worked may stop working with you.
- Lower rates of acceptance, success, and satisfaction.
To edit your prices, talk to your account manager or the concierge.
When on a subscription plan, TIDY does not overall make money per job. Sometimes, your set prices may exceed the pros rate. When this happens, it would create an excess credit on your account. After the dispute period on your credit card has expired, so no further disputes can be made and the transaction is 100% finalized, you can request a refund back for any unused funds.