TIDY's Messages feature is a "shared inbox" designed to make communicating with your cleaning and maintenance pros much easier.
We have heard from many customers about the pain of managing communication with cleaners and maintenance people on your properties. The problems include:
- It is hard for teams to communicate as a team with cleaning & maintenance vendors. For example, what happens if the vendor's point of contact at your company is on vacation?
- You want to communicate in the systems you already use (like Slack).
- Pros want to work a different way (like SMS).
Many customers have tried things like shared WhatsApp or Slack channels, but these are unwieldly and not meant for this.
TIDY's Messages feature is a "shared inbox" which centralizes all communication in jobs into TIDY. Here is how it works:
- Anyone in your team can see all messages from the pro for a specific address or job. This allows your whole team to work together seamlessly. Someone on vacation? No problem. Anyone can step in.
- You can control permissions for users, granting limited access to people as needed.
- All messages sent using TIDY's apps or connected channels are visible to all users in your account, and tagged to a job for a more detailed history. This makes looking at "what happened?" easy.
- Anyone on your pro's team can see your messages from anyone on your team, so their team shares in this benefit.
To use this feature, just tap any job, and you will see the option to message your pro. Any user on your account who can see that job, can view messages and send them.
You want communication tied into the tools you already use. We support Notification Integrations (in BETA, with an expected GA in Q3 2022). Notification Integrations takes the Shared Inbox to the next level, by allowing both you and your pros to get notifications where each of you independently prefer.
We support pretty much any integration, with our webhooks, open API, Zapier, and our pre-built library of integrations. So far, pros most often prefer SMS, and property managers most often prefer Slack. We support the following integrations, with more coming:
- Microsoft Teams
If you ever want a new integration, please reach out!
When can send and recieve messages for any jobs, and view these on the job itself. This is very helpful to organize communication, so you can easily see the exact context of the communication. Here are some notes on how these messages work:
- When you chat in the app, the chats appear on the job for all people who have permission to view that job.
- The other party will get an in-app notification.
- If there is only 1 person on the account, and you have a phone number, then you will get SMS notifications, and you can reply to those messages.
- You can also set up alerts to receive messages in another channel (e.g. Slack Notifications). This is a way to know that you got these messages. To send messages, you must click on go on the cleaning card that will be on the Schedule page:
They are available on the Dashboard page if you have received any messages.
And to reply, just click on the message, which will direct you to the Messages page. This page contains the entire history of conversations between the Pros and you.