What is TIDY?
TIDY.com is the world's most powerful platform for property managers to get cleaning and maintenance done right. We combine software, AI, and human expertise, and we work alongside your existing professionals or help you find new pros to get jobs done. Our goal is to help you have higher-quality cleanings & maintenance with significantly lower operational costs.
Getting cleaning and maintenance done in the real physical world is hard. This is typically solved by an in-house operations team who handles the tasks manually and with little data. The core issues include:
- Optimizing Job Requests - When making a job request, you have a huge range of factors to tweak, including price, schedule, flexibility, tasks requested, and more. Historically, this has been hard to determine the tradeoffs (for example, a higher price is more likely to get the job done, but a lower cost helps the bottom line). Historically, it's been difficult to assess these tradeoffs, so a lot of back-and-forths are required.
- Ensuring Job Reliability - Even when a job is accepted, cancellations typically occur 25% of the time. This means you must have backup plans at all times.
- Ensuring Job Quality - Upholding your quality standards can be challenging, particularly as you can’t rely on the same person each time.
- Customized Job Workflows - Each property manager prefers different protocols regarding access, tracking, compliance, follow-ups, and bill payments.
- Logging Data for Smarter Decisions - Creating and maintaining a "digital twin" of the property is almost always considered a good idea, like a medical record for the property. However, actually adding all the data (photos, floorplans, assets, statuses), and keeping it up to date is so much work, that people rarely do it in practice.
While hotels can solve many of these issues with overstaffing, most property managers can't adopt this approach. It can also be harder for short-term rental property managers, who have more frequent and more time-sensitive turnover needs.
At TIDY, we address these challenges head-on with our unique blend of software, AI, and human expertise.
Other property management tools (such as Yardi, Guesty, etc) have basic housekeeping or maintenance modules. These modules are good if:
- The pros are your own team members who can be assigned jobs.
- That pro shows up reliably.
- The pro does a good job.
- Ops teams don’t spend much time on this.
This is not the real-world situation encountered by most property managers. We ask these questions of property managers:
- What happens if your professionals can't always be assigned jobs at the exact time you desire? What if they occasionally can't take the job? It's unusual to be able to have someone do a job without them coordinating with their existing schedule and clients.
- What if your professional isn't consistently reliable? For outside vendors, on-time arrival is approximately 75%, meaning the majority encounter problems. What happens if there is a last-minute cancellation?
- What if your professional doesn't always deliver the job to the quality you expect? Whether it's intentional or not, how frequently do they complete the job perfectly without the need for further inspection or guidance?
- How can your professionals adapt to your unique workflows? Most people have a range of workflows to manage tasks with professionals, from granting access to handling issues to establishing how billing and invoicing should be handled. Everyone has distinct requirements.
- How do you make smart insights, when you lack the tools to know what your property’s current state and history is? And you lack visibility into the broader ecosystem?
These issues are too deep and complex to be addressed with a lightweight tool, you need a deep and powerful tool to address these issues truly.
TIDY's primary role is to dramatically improve how you can handle those main challenges.
- Digital Twins - We believe that smarter cleaning and maintenance starts with understanding what is going on in the property. We support this by:
- Allowing customers to scan or load photos, floorplans, and videos of the property.
- We help track the key assets on the property, including tracking the inventory, minimum stock levels, and other key data points.
- We can suggest preventative maintenance based on the specific manuals for these products, to ensure things are done right.
- We track the jobs done, where people were, what they saw, communication, and more. So you have 1 central hub for knowing what was physically done.
- Job Acceptance - We help you formulate effective job requests.
- We offer powerful job request options, considering factors such as time flexibility and optimal pricing.
- We deliver job requests via the professional's preferred method: email, SMS, WhatsApp, phone, shared calendar, in-app, or another approach.
- We utilize machine learning algorithms to optimize professional job acceptance rates, providing feedback on the likely success of your request.
- Job Reliability - We help you get jobs done reliably.
- We predict potential issues using machine learning algorithms, anticipating potential job cancellations.
- We prepare contingency plans when cancellation probabilities are high, including arranging "standby" vendors.
- We notify you of predicted issues with insightful AI-backed notifications, helping you navigate complex situations.
- We ensure job attendance by sending reminders and employing other proactive measures.
- 2e) We initiate emergency fixes and activate contingency plans when last-minute problems arise.
- Job Quality - We support you in meeting your quality standards.
- We utilize machine learning to predict the best professional-property pairings.
- We collect property information, such as floor plans and images, to assist you and the professionals in planning.
- We provide comprehensive digital to-do lists for professionals, including task descriptions, photos, and videos.
- We facilitate remote inspections with photos and videos.
- We simplify in-person inspections and workflows.
- We gather feedback for continuous improvement.
- Custom Job Workflows - We cater to the unique needs of each client.
- We integrate with smart lock providers to ensure professional access to properties, potentially reducing job failures.
- We track professionals in real-time via our app to support any workflows.
- We manage compliance by allowing you to specify on-site tasks and professional certification requirements.
- We automate follow-ups, using triggered events to schedule actions in TIDY or a third-party app, and trigger notifications.
- We handle bill payments, offering complex payment rules, including owner-only card charges, automatic invoice payments, and more.
Nobody has gone as deep as TIDY in solving the issues in these 4 key areas. More importantly, we want you to consider us your true partner in solving these problems. We always look for your feedback to drive our product roadmap and solve your unique needs. In summary, with TIDY you can expect the following benefits:
- Reduce the risk of cleaning and maintenance issues.
- Improve service quality through digital tools like checklists, forms, virtual inspections, and tracking.
- Reduce the work that your team has to spend on cleaning and maintenance.
We are always available to chat in the "Concierge" tab of our app, ;et us know how we can help you!