You can always select the Pro you like when booking.
What does Certification or Certified mean?
TIDY offers several certifications for your professionals. Most clients choose to select those who have been TIDY Certified, which means they have completed all of the below certifications. All certifications are as objective as possible, and completely within control of the professional to complete and satisfy. These include:
- . This means they have passed a standard background check that ensured the following:
- We could find no misdemeanor or higher convictions or pending charges related to theft or violence at any time. Please note that infractions or charges not related to safety will not fail this certification. The most common examples that show up that do not prevent certification are possession of Marajuana or DUI.
- The social security number could be verified.
- They were not listed on the terrorist watch list or on sex offender list.
- They also had no verified safety issues (such as no convictions related to theft or safety).
- They have no more than 1 unverified safety issue (such as accusations of theft) in every 1,000 jobs. Note: most unverified safety issues end up being items that are later found, and are much more rare than this, we find this to be the right blend of avoiding "false positives".
- If you have different requirements please reach out to let us know we may be able to accommodate.
- . We confirmed that you seem to have the minimum supplies to do the job.
- . They received more positive reviews from clients loving them than disliking them over the last 30 days.
- . They show up for most verified jobs in the last 30 days, and have shown up for the last 2 days of jobs.
As these are objective criteria we do not make exceptions, so you can book with confidence.
If a Pro is ever unable to satisfy all of these certifications for a 30 day period, then they lose that certification and would no longer be bookable if your settings required them to be certified. Our goal is always to ensure only true bona-fide professionals can use the software, never any "gig" workers.
If you are not selecting a specific Pro, you can book a timeslot by rating. Determining the best possible fit for you is really important. With Home Job, we believe there is no such thing as "one size fits all". So when booking, you can filter by rating of the timeslot. This allows you to see the best estimated fits for you.
The rating is based on:
- The quality ratings of the Pros, which includes factors like the rate at which clients want them back, and a Pro's customer feedback.
- The number of Pros. The more the are, the better for you, because if someone is sick or can't make it, it allows more opportunities for a substitute.
- Factors specific to you and the Pro. For example, the driving distance between you and the Pro, or how well we think you and the Pro will be compatible (looking at your settings about what you want vs what the Pro is best at).
By trying to optimize around your home and schedule needs, we have found that customers report more positive results versus booking using only 1 metric such as Pro rating.
- 4.6 stars and above - these are the best options.
- 4.2 stars and above - these include only good options, and more of them.
We generally recommend you pick as high of a rating as can work for your schedule.
What if I just want to pick a Pro?
You can pick any past Pro or Pro you have added in the dropdown as well.
How do I get the best pro?
Home services are highly personal, so it is worth noting that ratings vary a lot and there is almost never one “best”. Almost no two clients ever rank Pros in the same order! That is why we use machine learning to predict the best fit on over 20 factors.