We recommend having our success team set this up for you. It is free, and an easy way to make sure you are successful. You are welcome to do it on your own as well.
The way you create a custom field is to:
- Add or edit a to-do
- Tap "Add Custom Field"
- Type a "Field Label", which is what the pro will see. Examples include: "Count the number of plates" or "Is there mold?".
- Select a "Field Type". Your options are:
- Take Inventory. If you select this option, the pro will have the ability to input a number of how many of an object there are. For example, if asking them to "Count the number of plates", they might enter "10". This will update the current inventory of that item, and then trigger a low stock alert if it is below the minimum quantity.
- Text Area. This allows pros to enter some free text into a form. They can type whatever they want.
- Select. This allows you to set options for a pro to choose from. This is displayed as a radio button if the number of elements is less than 3, and displayed as a dropdown if it is 3 or more. For example: "Is there mold?" might have 2 answers "Yes" or "No".
- Multi-Select. This is effectively checkboxes, and it allows users to submit multiple options. For example: "Select all of the following:" With options "Breaker lock is functional" "Breaker shows no rust" would allow them to select one or both options.
- Take Photo. This requires the pro to take a photo of something. For example: "Take a photo of the fuse box" would allow them to take that photo. It would show up in your Job Report after it is done.
Except for checkboxes, custom fields are mandatory by default, which means that Pros won't be able to complete the job unless they perform the required instructions in those fields. This helps ensuring that your service is done the right way, getting all the information you need and prevents any mistakes or oversights.
However, if a custom field is not essential, you have the ability to "uncheck" the required option at any time.