Find New Pros
As a part of your workflows, you can have TIDY help find you new pros. Generally speaking, Find New Pros works only in the US, across all 50 states.
We initiate "Find New Pros" and send out your request whenever you make a job request, "Find New Pro" is listed as an option, and no higher priority option accepted the job. For example, if you already have 2 preferred pros/vendors, they will get the request first.
When you make a request for us to "Find New Pro", here is what happens:
- First, we take all of your preferences into account and make the request will all such preferences listed. The more open your settings, the more pros will be able to look at it.
- Pros with immediate and confirmed availability in our system that match your requested criteria will have their settings to instantly accept.
- Other pros using our software have the ability to see the job request you made, and accept it. There are over 10,000 pro users of the software and more in our extended partner network.
- Finally, if requests are not filled in a timely fashion our Concierge team reaches out on your behalf to vendors to share your request and see who can fill it.
Typically, we generally expect to be able to find new pros more effectively and on average at lower cost when considering all costs (including the time it typically takes to coordinate). That said, as you control all the settings on these requests, the actual success rate varies. For example, if you ask for a handyman 10 minutes from now, we would say that request is basically impossible.
We use TIDY AI to give you feedback, with Acceptance Probability. This is a way that you can see both the probability we think a request will get filled and give you feedback on the things you can do to improve the probability.
If you want to use the TIDY software to find a pro you have not already had, then you can do so. We offer complete control over the strategy you use to send your request out to pros and get it accepted. These strategies include:
- Send to All Eligible - This means you will send your request out to all pros who match your criteria, and the first to accept wins your bid.
- Send in Order of Repeat Rate. This will send your request to pros in the order of their repeat rate (with the highest being first). The repeat rate is just the rate clients rebook this pro.
- Send in Order of Positive Review Percentage. This will send your request to pros in the order of their positive review percentage (with the highest being first). The positive review percentage is the number of positive reviews divided by the number of negative reviews.
- Send in Order of Show Up Rate. This will send your request to pros in the order of their percentage of times they show up to jobs (with the highest being first). This is the inverse of their cancellation rate, and is calculated by the number of times they showed up to jobs divided by the number of times they have booked jobs with clients.
- Limit New Pros. (Formerly we called this option "Limit Substitutes") - This means you will not find a new pro if any of your past pros are available. For example, if you have Maria helping you, and she takes a week off. With this setting, you would not get a new pro. But if Maria left permanently (to another location for example), then you would get a new pro.
- Disable Find New Pro - This option is available if you have added a pro and you do not want to search for new pros.
- Custom - We can support any workflow, requirement, or preferences you like. Contact your account manager to get more help with this.
Using TIDY with Only Your Existing Pros
Some people want to use TIDY only with their existing pros, the ones that are already on their list. If that is what you want, make sure you disable the "Find New Pro" option.
You can also set Gender Preferences for your pros, if you would only like one gender, such as only female or only male.
We recognize there are some cases where gender restrictions may be important or legally required. We do not recommend enabling gender restrictions unless you are confident your national, state or local government allows it. Restricting the gender also typically reduces the quality and reliability of jobs, as you may not be able to get the best person for the job. Use this at your own liability.
We do offer you control over your account to select one of the following Gender Preferences:
- Best Available Pro
- Only Females
- Only Males
To update the settings, go to the "Find New Pro Settings" in the "My Pros" section. After you update this setting, we strongly recommend rescheduling your job and plan to make sure everything is "reset" the way you want.
Note: Our system currently does not allow you to change your Gender Preferences within 24 hours of an appointment. You need to first cancel that appointment.